Sunday, June 11, 2006

Pls add Useful Resource(s) for Participants in Blogs etc. Workshop

This is for participants in the TLT Group's Online Institute Workshop:
Blogs, Wikis, and Newsfeeds
New Web Tools for Teaching/Learning?
June 6, 13, 20 at 1 pm EST

Please add a comment to this posting in which you identify yourself, and provide info about one or two resources likely to be useful to participants in this workshop.
Minimum: One sentence description and one URL.
For example:
Steven Bell has prepared a nice intro - mostly text and screen shots - to using RSS feeds and news aggregators. His first section provides a valuable, clear intro to using Bloglines (a Web-based free news aggregator ): http://staff.philau.edu/bells/rss.htm

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Lynn Usack, Instructional Technology Administrator for Corning Community College in Corning, NY. I recently went to the SUNY Conference on Instructional Technologies at SUNY Fredonia, and their keynote was given by an interesting character, Dr. Curtis J. Bonk, a professor at Indiana University. His Web site is full of articles and resources about blended learning and the use of a range of online and wireless communication devices and resources. Check it out: http://mypage.iu.edu/~cjbonk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:46 AM

    Hi. I'm Joe Incandela of Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Indiana. I'm a professor of Religious Studies who has been incorporating for the past several years what Lynn referred to as blended learning. I've used threaded discussions quite a bit, though am still not satisfied with how I'm using them. I'm looking at blogs, etc. as another way to incorporate student comments into face-to-face learning. One link I found interesting was audioblogger.com, which allows you to leave voice files on your blog by calling a number on your phone and recording a message. I thought it might have applications for explaining difficult concepts (perhaps after class) or, as my colleague Dan Mandell has suggested, reaching out to more aural learners. I look forward to the rest of the workshop.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?